Monree Terms and Conditions
At Monree, we strive to provide the upmost professional transportation for you at the highest level. For our customers’ reference, please see below our terms and conditions.
Monree is a small boutique provider and if issues arise we prefer to resolve these amicably. Therefore, please always call us first if there is an issue that needs attention, so we can help resolve this.
Please note that the English translation of the Terms and Conditions is provided for the convenience of our non-German-speaking customers.
Only the German-language version is legally binding.
The terms and conditions apply to all contracts between Monree, represented by Mr. Thierry Lefébure, Großgörschenstraße 7, D-10827 Berlin, and its customers. Deviating terms and conditions shall only apply if and to the extent they are recognized by Monree in writing.
2. Conclusion of Contract
- The offers of Monree are non-binding and have to be confirmed in writing.
- By confirming our offer, a binding order is placed. If the order was made over the phone, Monree will send a follow-up mail in order to confirm the booking details. The same applies to changes and additions to a booking. A claim by the customer to enter into individual contracts not exist. An agreement will also be deemed to have been concluded when Monree renders the service that has been ordered.
3. Object of Contract
The object of the contract is the transportation of passengers; the customer is not entitled to a particular vehicle, unless specified by contract.
3.1 Transfer Rides / Hourly booking conditions
Monree offers transfer rides and hourly bookings. In order to obtain a binding price, please request a quote on our home page.
- Transfer ride: in the case of transfer services, the quoted price is valid for a start destination address. Please note an additional fee might be added for any detours requested.
- Hourly bookings: an hourly booking always starts at the agreed pick-up time.
- In a business class BMW 5, Berlin-TXL costs € 50 and Berlin-SXF € 65 Euros all inclusive.
- An hour with a BMW 5 limousine costs 50 € all inclusive with a surcharge of € 1,50 / km for every distance exceeding the 20 km that are included for each hour.
- Please note for longer bookings, special prices apply. For € 400, your personal driver accompanies you for 10 hours.
3.3 Vehicle Class / Availability
If Monree is unable to fulfil the booking, a partner company might be contracted. It goes without saying that the vehicle will also be at least a “Business Class” vehicle such as a Mercedes E-Class, Audi A6, VW Phaeton etc…
If after having taken into careful consideration the interests of the customer, Monree considers it acceptable to appoint on its behalf a third party in whole or in part in order to execute an order for which it lacks capacity, Monree is entitled to do so. In such a case, its liability shall be limited to the careful selection and instruction of that contractor.
3.4 Luggage, animals, children
Please note as a rule of thumb, 3 passengers and 2 pieces of luggage fit into the limousines provided by Monree. In case of excess or bulky luggage, the transportation of children younger than 12 years or the presence of animals not previously mentioned in the booking, Monree can reserve the right to cancel the booking. In that case Monree might still insist to be paid in full.
3.5 Smoking – Cleaning charge
Smoking by the passenger is forbidden in the vehicle.
We may charge reasonable repair or a cleaning charge plus a fee representing loss of earnings for the driver in the event of spillages or in the event that any passenger vomits or otherwise soils, contaminates or damages a vehicle.
3.6 Force majeure
Exceptional situations such as major traffic jams, extreme weather conditions, etc. can be compensated only to a limited extent. This means that waiting periods or last-minute cancellations must be accepted by the customer.
4. Waiting time and delays
- Waiting time: 15 minutes waiting time are automatically included with every booking.
- Train stations pick-ups include 30 minutes waiting time after arrival and airports 60 minutes. Thereafter, if further delays continue, Monree reserves the right to charge 5 Euros waiting time per 5 minutes.
- Delays: flight and train arrivals are tracked and chauffeurs are dispatched accordingly. This ensures punctuality in the case of early arrivals as well as delays. The chauffeur has no obligation to continue waiting after the initial 30 or 60 minutes have been exhausted if they were not able to contact the customer.
5. Cancellations, booking changes and no-shows
- Changes: changes to bookings are normally treated as new bookings. Therefore, the policy with regards to cancellations applies to the original ride. Monree may claim compensation accordingly.
- Cancellations: for transfer bookings, cancellations are free of charge if made more than two hours before the pick-up time. For hourly bookings, cancellations are free of charge if made more than 24 hours between the cancellation and agreed pick-up time. If less than 24 hours but more than 2 hours before the cancellation and agreed pick-up time, 50 % of the price will be charged. Finally, if the cancellation is made less than 2 hours before the pick-up time, the total price will be charged.
- If the cancellation takes place less than 24 hours before the pick-up, the cancellation should be made by phone.
- No-Show: If the client doesn´t show up, the total price will be charged. A ride is considered a no-show if the passenger has not shown up without cancellation within 30 minutes after the agreed pickup time or 60 minutes for airport pick-ups.
6.Credit Card Data
All bookings with Monree can be paid for at the end of your journey by credit card. Please note the credit card information is not stored by Monree. We use iZettle for credit card transactions.
The Following cards are accepted:
- Master Card
- American Express
iZettle is approved by EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) and adheres to the requirements of the global "Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard" (PCI DSS) for handling card data.
All system development follows the industry-standard OWASP guidelines, and the entire system is hosted in a PCI certified server environment with 24-hour surveillance.
In case of a breach of contractual obligations or in the event of injury to life, limb or health, Monree is liable according to legal regulations. Moreover, in cases of slight negligence, Monree´s liability is limited to three times the contract price. Regardless of the previous provision, liability for property damage is limited to € 1,000 per passenger if intent or gross negligence were absent.
8. Place of Jurisdiction, applicable law, severability
1. Exclusive jurisdiction is Berlin.
2. The applicable law is the law of the Federal Republic of Germany.
3. Should any provision of these Terms and Conditions be invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.